We’re looking for Volunteer Readers for the SMART Reading program at Ocean Crest Elementary School. SMART provides personalized reading sessions and books to keep to help foster a love of reading! This is a great volunteer opportunity with a commitment of 1 hour per week and prior training. For more information, visit www.SMARTReading.org or call 541-266-7476.
As a Volunteer Reader, you will:
- Read with individual children or entire classrooms in an elementary school or PreK program (in-person or virtually).
- Work alongside the Volunteer Site Coordinator (the lead volunteer) to provide a positive environment for students served by SMART Reading.
- Attend a one-hour training and receive ongoing support.
- Complete required documentation during the reading sessions.
- Follow all SMART Reading safety policies, including any safety policies required by our site partners.
- Network with other community members who are invested in the future of their local communities.
- Assist children in choosing books to keep for building their own libraries!
A Site Coordinator is also needed, if you are interested in a volunteer leadership position please call Christine Jones at 541-266-7476