About Bandon Cares
BandonCares is an extension of The Ford Family Foundation’s Ford Institute Leadership Program and the Ford Institute for Community Building. During the last several years, over 90 Bandonites have participated in leadership classes sponsored by the TFFF. In year 4, BandonCares was initiated with an event that showcased the nonprofits serving Bandon. A volunteer Steering Committee, made up of representative nonprofit groups, facilitates programs and activities.
BandonCares was organized to help Bandon Nonprofits to:
- Learn about current Bandon area projects, organizations and collaborations.
- Network with community organizations, stakeholders and potential partners.
- Hear about new initiatives and opportunities for training and recruiting.
- Celebrate the accomplishments of the Bandon Area Community.
- Leverage resources for training and volunteer recruiting.
- Continue participation in the Ford Institute Leadership Program.
- Support the development of a nonprofit community network.
BandonCares is an extension of The Ford Family Foundation’s Ford Institute Leadership Program and the Ford Institute for Community Building. During the last several years, over 90 Bandonites have participated in leadership classes sponsored by the TFFF. In year 4, BandonCares was initiated with an event that showcased the nonprofits serving Bandon.
In November 2008 BandonCares sponsored its first event.
Since then, BandonCares has held semi-annual events to which nonprofit organization representatives are invited to attend. These lunch or dinner meetings have featured speakers on a variety of topics and provided opportunities for networking.
The BandonCares Steering Committee is now formed to continue this effort. They meet at least semi-annually to support BandonCares collaboration goals.
Improve communication and collaboration among leaders and volunteers of Bandon’s nonprofit organizations
Showcase nonprofits to the Bandon Community
Values and Principles
We believe that both communities and organizations are stronger when they are working together and communicating.
What We Do
- Provide networking opportunities to nonprofits, usually a luncheon or dinner with a speaker
- Provide local opportunities for training on nonprofit topics and issues.
- Maintain a BandonCares website as a portal to the many nonprofits serving Bandon.
- Maintain an email distribution list of interested and participating organizations, volunteers and board members.
- Accept and distribute to BandonCares subscribers via email any press releases and other publicity as requested.
- Meet several times annually to plan and support activities
2016 BandonCares Steering Committee
Harve Schubothe (chair), Leslie Clarke, Maureen Haggerty, Bill Russell, Roger Straus
To contact us: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BandonCares thanks the Bandon businesses, Bandon community nonprofits and individuals for their donations. Their generousity makes the BandonCares meetings possible and supports the BandonCares website and email distribution.
Thank you to the Norman F. Sprague Foundation for its generous $5,000 grant to BandonCares.
Thank you to the following organizations and individuals for their generous support and contributions to BandonCares.
Bandon Community Health Center
Bandon Harbortown Events Center
Bandon Library Friends and Foundation
Bandon Lions Club
Bandon Lions Charitable Foundation
John and Nancy Drew
E.A.T. (Everyone At Table)
Friends of FreeFlight
Local Helps Connection
Dr. Gail McClave
Norman F. Sprague Foundation
Ocean Spray Cranberries
Oregon State University Extension
Ray’s Food Place
Southern Coos Health Foundation
The Ford Family Foundation
Would you like to support the BandonCares effort? Send a donation in care of Greater Bandon Association (a 501(c)(3) organization acting as BandonCares’ fiscal agent). Make your check payable to Greater Bandon Association and note “for BandonCares” in the memo.
c/o Greater Bandon Association
390 1st St. SW, Ste 2G
Bandon, OR 97411