BandonCares is an extension of The Ford Family Foundation’s Ford Institute Leadership Program and the Ford Institute for Community Building. During the last several years, over 90 Bandonites have participated in leadership classes sponsored by the TFFF. In year 4, BandonCares was initiated with an event that showcased the nonprofits serving Bandon.
In November 2008 BandonCares sponsored its first event.
Since then, BandonCares has held semi-annual events to which nonprofit organization representatives are invited to attend. These lunch or dinner meetings have featured speakers on a variety of topics and provided opportunities for networking.
The BandonCares Steering Committee is now formed to continue this effort. They meet at least semi-annually to support BandonCares collaboration goals.
- Improve communication and collaboration among leaders and volunteers of Bandon’s nonprofit organizations
- Showcase nonprofits to the Bandon Community
- Encourage volunteering
Values and Principles
We believe that both communities and organizations are stronger when they are working together and communicating.
What We Do
- Provide networking opportunities to nonprofits, usually a luncheon or dinner with a speaker
- Provide local opportunities for training on nonprofit topics and issues.
- Maintain a BandonCares website as a portal to the many nonprofits serving Bandon.
- Maintain an email distribution list of interested and participating organizations, volunteers and board members.
- Accept and distribute to BandonCares subscribers via email any press releases and other publicity as requested.
- Meet several times annually to plan and support activities
2016 BandonCares Steering Committee
Harve Schubothe (chair), Leslie Clarke, Maureen Haggerty, Bill Russell, Roger Straus
To contact us: Send an email to email@example.com or use the contact form.
VOLUNTEER TO SERVE ON THE STEERING COMMITTEE.